Mmmm Aussie Bites! I must confess these little bites are addicting. I make them in a mini muffin tin and I could easily gobble up 4 at a time, but I try to practice self discipline and limit myself to just 2 at a time. But, ya know, stuff happens and 2 ends up as 4 sometimes. I tell myself that these are healthy and it’s okay. #yolo right?!
So, here is a look at most of the ingredients. It seems like a lot, but these come together pretty fast.
First thing you should know is that you need oat flour for this. But fear not! Oat flour is super easy to make with some oats and a food processor. It only takes a minute to process the oats into a flour. See, easy peasy oat flour in 1 minute flat.
Now, for my Aussie Bites I kept some of the oat whole for texture purposes. I think it gives them an extra chew. It’s personal preference, feel free to blend all of the oats into a flour if you desire less chew from the oats.
These are great for breakfast, or a snack, or dessert. Anytime really. I grab 2 on my way to work. Quick, easy and delish! This recipe will make about 18-24 mini muffins depending on how much batter per muffin you fill.
- 1 3/4 Cup old fashioned rolled oats, divided
- 1/4 Cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 Cup dried apricots
- 1/4 Cup raisins
- 1/4 Cup ground flax seeds
- 1/4 Cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 Cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 T chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1/4 Cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 24 count mini muffin tin.
- Pour 1 Cup of oats into a food processor and process until you have a flour.
- Add in the coconut sugar, apricots, raisins, ground flax seeds, sunflower seeds, shredded coconut, quinoa, chia seeds and baking powder. Pulse in the food processor until well combined and the fruit is diced up into tiny bits.
- Add in the honey, melted butter, extra virgin olive oil, vanilla extract and remaining 3/4 cup of oats. Pulse again until everything is well combined.
- Spoon out the batter into your lined mini muffin tin and pack down batter into tin gently with back of spoon.
- Baked in pre-heated oven for 12mins or until golden.
- Once baked, place pan on a cooling rack and let cool. Enjoy!