How was everyone’s Labor Day holiday? I hope it was fun and/or relaxing. We didn’t do much this year. Had a typical day around the house, but made it a point to relax some and we grilled a little bit too. Also, decided to meal prep a bit for the work. I made a Thai curry soup with rice noodles. It was pretty good, but no one else ate it. I’m more of the soup person at our house. I love soups, even in summer! Only downside to me being the only soup person in the house is that I typically end up making way more than I will consume. I need to check into freezing some of my soups and see how they turn out.
My daughter also found a recipe on how to make brown sugar lemonade. So, she made that with little help from me. She was pretty amazed at how many lemons it actually takes to make lemonade. It was cute 🙂
I decided I needed to prep some snacks for work. These little energy bites are delish and easy to throw together. Also, you can easily customize them to your liking which I really dig. My son likes these a lot, but my daughter doesn’t like chocolate or coconut so these are on her “no” list. You could opt out of the chocolate drizzle, but I think it compliments these well. Perhaps I will try with a non-chocolate drizzle next time.
Also, if you want to make these vegan you can sub out the honey for agave or maple syrup and use Enjoy Life chocolate chips. Nut allergy? No prob! Sub out the nut butter for sunbutter. Easy peasy 😉
- 1 Cup old fashion oats
- 1/2 Cup of nut butter (I used all natural peanut butter)
- 2 T honey or (agave or pure maple syrup)
- 2 T unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup dark chocolate chips (optional, for drizzle)
- In a medium sized bowl mix all of the ingredients together aside from the chocolate chips.
- Once everything is incorporated well take a 1 tablespoon sized cookie scoop and scoop out balls of the mixture. Use your hands to roll them into compacted balls and set aside of parchment or wax paper.
- Once you have all of the balls formed place them in the refrigerator to firm up. While they’re firming up take your chocolate chips and melt according to the directions on the bag until chocolate is smooth (I melted mine in the microwave).
- When the chocolate is all melted and smooth take you energy balls from the refrigerator and drizzle with a spoon the chocolate on top of the balls.
- Place the freshly drizzled balls back into the refrigerator for about 10-15mins to let the chocolate set. You can store these in the fridge or in an airtight container outside of the fridge. They taste great cold or at room temperature!